Frequently Asked Questions


Where does it show on the Home Office/UKBA website that an immigration inspection accommodation report is required for UK Entry Clearance Visa and Settlement applications?

Please refer to page 3 under ‘Accommodation details’ in Home Office/UKBA Guide to supporting documents: settlement in the link below. It is called a ‘property inspection report’.

An immigration inspection accommodation report (i.e. a property inspection report) is THE ONLY document in the UKBA supporting documents information guide which proves to the Entry Clearance Officer that you have ‘Obtain[ed] an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation.  A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations’.


Why should I instruct Hudson & White Ltd?

We are a leading provider of immigration inspection accommodation reports for UK entry clearance visa and settlement applications.  We have qualified surveyors with experience of over 20 years in the property industry and we specialise in the surveying of residential accommodation and producing immigration inspection accommodation reports that satisfy UK immigration Rules. We have the knowledge, understanding and experience of inspecting properties under: · Part X of the Housing Act 1985 (that the property is not statutorily overcrowded); · Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations using The Housing Health and Safety Rating System). Both of the above are requirements of UK Immigration Rules prior to granting UK entry clearance visa or settlement. Our immigration inspection accommodation reports have been submitted to the Home Office, UKBA, Immigration Judges, British High Commissions and British Embassies around the world including Albania, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Georgia, Ghana, India, Hong Kong, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, USA and many more. Please visit our testimonials page where we provide evidence that UK Immigration Judges have approved to our immigration inspection accommodation reports.

Who needs an immigration inspection accommodation report for UK entry clearance visa and settlement purposes?

An immigration inspection accommodation report is required for all applications leading to/for the purposes of settlement, these are:

  • Spouses and civil partners;
  • Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner;
  • Unmarried and same-sex partners;
  • Children;
  • Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives.

Please visit our external links page for further information.


Why does the Home Office/UKBA require an immigration inspection accommodation reports report?

It is imperative to demonstrate that the Applicant(s) will have no further need to be re-housed once in the UK.  The Sponsor needs to provide evidence that they have the funds to maintain and accommodate the Applicant(s) without recourse to public funds.  The Home Office/UKBA must be satisfied that the Sponsor can accommodate the Applicant(s) in housing that that will not become statutorily overcrowded under the provisions of Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and is safe and fit for human habitation under Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.


What information do you require from me?

Before we come to inspect the property will send you an enquiry form and you will be requested for the following details:

  • The address of the property;
  • Full passport name and date of birth of the applicant(s);
  • Full passport name(s) and date of births of all persons who will be living at the property once UK entry clearance visa has been granted;
  • Relationship of Sponsor to the applicant(s);
  • Ownership of the property;
  • Type of application which is being made.

What do you check during the immigration inspection accommodation report?

We have to measure every room in the accommodation to ensure the property will not become statutorily overcrowded under Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and has sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and any additional people who propose to live there after UK entry clearance or settlement is granted.

The property will also be inspected internally and externally using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) covered by Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.


How quickly can you provide the report?

We can provide reports within 24 hours dependent on the level of service chosen.


How long is the report valid for?

The report is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.


How much does it cost?

Our fee is dependent on the location and size of the property/accommodation; and the level of service required.  Please contact us to obtain a personalised quote.


Which areas do you cover?

We cover all parts of London (North, East, South East, South, South West, West and North West), East of England, South East England and some parts of the Midlands.

The London Boroughs and postcodes we cover are:

Barnet, Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Merton, Redbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth, Westminster

North London - N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6, N7, N8, N9, N10, N11, N12, N13, N14, N15, N16, N17, N18, N19, N20, N21, N22

North West London - NW1, NW2, NW3, NW4, NW5, NW6, NW7, NW8, NW9, NW10, NW11

West London - W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, W8, W9, W10, W11, W12, W13, W14

West Central London - WC1, WC2

East London - E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, E17, E18

East Central London - EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4

South East London - SE1, SE2, SE3, SE4, SE5, SE6, SE7, SE8, SE9, SE10, SE11, SE12, SE13, SE14, SE15, SE16, SE17, SE18, SE19, SE20, SE21, SE22, SE23, SE24, SE25, SE26, SE27, SE28

South West London - SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6, SW7, SW8, SW9, SW9, SW10, SW11, SW12, SW13, SW14, SW15, SW16, SW17, SW18, SW19, SW20

The Greater London and South East postcodes we cover are:

Uxbridge - UB1, UB2, UB3, UB4, UB5, UB6, UB7, UB8, UB9, UB10, UB11

Harrow - HA1, HA2, HA3, HA4, HA5, HA6, HA7, HA8, HA9

Watford – WD1, WD2, WD3, WD4, WD5, WD6, WD7, WD17, WD18, WD19, Wd23, WD24, WD25

Enfield - EN1, EN2, EN3, EN4, EN5, EN6, EN7, EN8, EN9, EN10, EN11

Ilford - IG1, IG2, IG3, IG4, IG5, IG6, IG7, IG8, IG9, IG10, IG11

Romford - RM1, RM2, RM3, RM4, RM5, RM6, RM7, RM8, RM9, RM10 RM11, RM12, RM13, RM14, RM15, RM16, RM17, RM18, RM19, RM20

Chelmsford – CM1, CM2, CM3, CM4, CM5, CM6, CM7, CM8, CM9, CM10, CM11, CM12, CM13, CM14, CM15, CM16, CM17, CM18, CM19, CM20, CM21, CM22, CM23, CM24, CM77

Dartford - DA1, DA2, DA3, DA4, DA5, DA6, DA7, DA8, DA9, DA10, DA11, DA12, DA13, DA14, DA15, DA16, DA17, DA18

Bromley – BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, BR5, BR6, BR7, BR8

Croydon - CR0, CR1, CR2, CR3, CR4, CR5, CR6, CR7,CR8

Sutton – SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4, SM5, SM6, SM7

Kingston Upon Thames - KT1, KT2, KT3, KT4, KT5, KT6, KT7, KT8, KT9, KT10, KT11, KT12, KT13, KT14, KT15, KT16, KT17, KT18, KT19, KT20, KT21, KT22, KT23, KT24

Twickenham - TW1, TW2, TW2, TW3, TW4, TW5, TW6, TW7, TW8, TW9, TW10, TW11, TW12, TW13, TW14, TW15, TW16, TW17, TW18, TW19, TW20

Slough – SL0, SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4 SL5, SL6, SL7, SL8, SL9

Reading - RG1, RG2, RG3, RG4, RG5, RG6, RG7, RG8, RG9, RG10, RG11, RG12, RG13, RG14, RG15, RG16, RG17, RG18, RG19, RG20, RG21, RG22, RG23, RG24, RG25, RG26, RG27, RG28, RG29, RG30, RG31, RG40, RG41, RG42, RG45

St Albans - AL1, AL2, AL3, AL4, AL5, AL6, AL7, AL8, AL9, AL10

Stevenage -  SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4, SG5, SG5, SG7, SG8, SG9, SG10, SG11, SG12, SG13, SG14, SG15, SG16, SG17, S18, SG19

Hemel Hempstead - HP1, HP2, HP3, HP4, HP5, HP6, HP7, HP8, HP9, HP10, HP11, HP12, HP13, HP14, HP15, HP16, HP17, HP18, HP19, HP20, HP21, HP22, HP23, HP27

Luton – LU1, LU2, LU3, LU4, LU5, LU6, LU7

The Counties we cover are Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Greater London, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Leicestershire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex and Warwickshire.

Not sure if we can do an immigration inspection accommodation report in your area? Please do not hesitate to contact us to ask. third party assessment of the size and suitability of the accommodation had been supplied...Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph...HC395

Entry Clearance Officer's refusal as no immigration inspection accommodation report was provided for spouse visa


  • ‘‘…I used this service on two separate occasions and was very happy...received the reports very quickly…the overall service was both friendly and professional…’’

  • ‘‘…I think that overall quality of service provided was outstanding. Services were provided in an efficient and professional manner…we were granted our country clearance...excellent service…’’

  • ‘‘…I am most grateful for your prompt service and excellent communication and shall highly recommend your professional services and promptness with which you conduct your business…’’

External links

  • 1.Immigration rules for Spouses and civil partners.
  • 2.Immigration rules for Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner.